- Faculty: Leigh Eric Schmidt
- Schedule: Wednesdays 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Course Number: L57 RelPol 430
This seminar focuses on the formation of “spirituality” in American culture from the Transcendentalist world of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Walt Whitman on through more recent expressions of the “spiritual-but-not-religious” sensibility. For the purposes of this course, “spirituality” is usefully … read more
- Faculty: Laurie Maffly-Kipp
- Schedule: Mondays/Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Course Number: L57 RelPol 201
This course explores religious life in the United States. We will focus our study on groups and movements that highlight distinctive ways of being both “religious” and “American,” including the Americanization of global religions in the US context. Major themes … read more