Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?

We are located in Umrath Hall on the Danforth campus of Washington University in St. Louis. For a map of our location, please see here. For mailing or delivery information, please see here. For a campus map, please see here.

How do I submit an idea for an event or speaker?

Please send an email with as much information as possible to Although we take great care and time to schedule our public event schedule, we are always pleased to receive suggestions.

Can someone from the Center speak to my group?

Please directly contact the individual faculty or staff member you feel is the best fit for your purposes. They will respond based on their availability and interest. For more information and contact information, please see the “people” section of our website. Otherwise, please send an email with as much information as possible about your request to and your message will be gratefully considered.

Can I major in Religion and Politics?

Currently there is not a major in Religion and Politics offered at Washington University in St. Louis. We offer a minor program in Religion and Politics at this time. For more information, please see here.

How do I declare a minor in Religion and Politics?

Please contact Sheri Peña, Administrative Coordinator, who can initiate the process and answer questions. The current director of undergraduate studies, Professor Marie Griffith will be available to answer your questions and guide you through the process of declaring a minor in Religion and Politics. For more information, please see here or email her at

Do you have any job opportunities?

Please see the “employment” page of the website for current openings.

I'm a graduate student. Do you have any fellowship opportunities?

Please see the “fellowships” page of the website for current offerings.

Is it possible to apply for funds to support research or conference activities related to religion and politics?

Limited funding is available to Washington University undergraduate and graduate students for travel to academic conferences and research archives. For more information, please see here.

Can I have a recording or transcript of a past lecture?

We post recordings of our public events in the “recorded lectures” section of our website. Transcripts are also available for many of our past events and are available on the specific event page of our website.

How much does it cost to attend an event?

All events sponsored by the John C. Danforth Center on Religion and Politics are free and open to all unless otherwise indicated. Please see the individual event listing for more information.

Where should I park when I come to campus for an event?

If you offer your email address when you RSVP, we will send you an event confirmation with parking information and a pass, if necessary. You can RSVP by emailing or calling (314) 935-9345. General parking and transit information for Washington University can be found here.

I'm interested in religion and politics in the United States. Do you have suggestions on how I can learn more?

We encourage you to see the “resources” section of this website to learn more about the topics of religion and politics and the work being done here at the Center. Please consider attending an upcoming event that features a professor or public figure in a field related to the intersection of religion and politics. Our online journal, Religion & Politics, is another source of information.

How do I get in touch with Senator Danforth?

Senator John C. Danforth does not keep an office here at the Center. You are welcome to send a message to our general email box at and we will gladly forward it to his law office.

I'm a member of the media. Can you put me in touch with one of your professors for a piece I'm working on?

Feel free to directly contact the professor with whom you’d like to speak. They will respond based on their interest and availability. For more information and contact information of specific individuals, please see the “people” section of our website. Otherwise, please send an email with as much information as possible (including deadline/timeframe for response) about your request to