The Editorial Intern supports the Center’s weekly Religion & Politics journal by providing the administrative and organizational functions that make the journal possible. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in online publishing, journalism, religion and/or politics. You will have the opportunity to work with our journal editor in Washington, D.C., gaining experience by working on an exciting new publication. Paid internship opportunities are available for summer, spring, and fall.
- Fact-checking article submissions in order to ensure factual accuracy.
- Researching and writing up relevant articles from around the web to be linked from the journal’s daily must-reads list.
- Assisting with the journal’s social media accounts at Twitter and Facebook.
- Occasional help with an article submission by looking up supplemental information, quotes, and data.
- Cropping photos and uploading art and text to our content management system.
- Help with administrative functions around the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Skill Set
Excellent communication skills; interest in journalism, religion and/or politics a plus; prior experience in student journalism, blogging or media preferred, but enthusiasm and the ability to learn are the only requirements. Currently, internships are only offered to students of Washington University in St. Louis.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing why you would like this position, along with a resume and two writing samples (can be published or from coursework) to email@example.com.